Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleep is Necessary

Hey Everyone,

I am beginning to learn that there is a such thing as getting too tired to function. I have not reached this point all that many times in my life, but I definitely have that strange feeling right now. I have moved stuff countless days in a row and now have finally reached Cincinnati after a drive that seemed to take an eternity and to top that drive off I had so much stuff in my car I had to sit in the worst position possible and my back hurts now. I feel really awake at night but I feel so tired during the day but never have time to take a nap due to my schedule which is much busier than you would think. I need to take care of everything from a normal schedule standpoint plus I have to worry about lifting everyday and shooting or I feel like I am losing the improvements I am making to my game and body. It is stressful at times believe me. Also, I have been doing the Cha Cha, which I explained before is a business that answers any question that you text to 242242, and now the first pay period of my employment end tonight at midnight. Cha Cha has a minimum that you must make to get cut a check, a minimum which I have not met even though I am close to it. Due to my moving and driving, and basketball I have missed out on so many days of doing it lately that now I am sitting here like I have been all day trying to reach the minimum to make sure I get the check and the extra money I need for the month. This means no nap for Nicholas once again. As I am getting closer to reaching this minimum I know I have a basketball commitment tonight. For a little backstory, I come home to Cincinnati most summers and I usually have NOWHERE to play basketball while I am here. Now, suddenly after getting "done" with college I now have an opportunity to get some play in the Kentucky Basketball Developmental League. I know I mentioned this league before and I thought I wouldn't get to play after I balked on going up here last Saturday to save money on driving. There is supposed to be some strong players in the league and I have practice/open gym for the team tonight. I doubt they run plays but we'll see how it goes. My sore arms are going to have to perform whether they want to or not! I will play in a game for it Saturday and see how my skills have been performing. It is a little nervous to play with players you haven't played with before, expecially when I have gotten used to playing with the same guys for 4 straight years. It takes adjusting and there is a lot of it in basketball, it is more complicated than just going out and dribbling and shooting a ball into a hoop. Players get to know each other and their tendencies and they also come to some sort of agreement on who should be shooting the ball and who should be passing the ball along with who should guard the best player on the other team. The best situation for a player is when they should be shooting the ball and guarding the other team's best player (obviously!). After I complete the practice, I will have to rush back and continue my quest to make my check get sent from Cha Cha, if I can do all of that and not pass out I will get back on and post how the practice went! Oh, and if your bored tonight send texts to 242242, and I'll answer them! Cha Cha

Nick 'Cha Cha' Kohsterized

No comments:

Post a Comment