Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Moving Just Plain Sucks

Hey Everyone,

I have found that when you become a college student you begin a process of moving almost everything you own back and forth from your parent's house to your college dorm or apartment (or house if your spoiled like my Kiley). Well, of course this isn't true for everyone some students live at home while they are in school, some don't live at home in the summers and some might do half and half and still will have to move less. I, on the other hand, decided to go to school out of state and move back and for ALMOST every summer. After my freshman year I didn't get to move home, because I had to take summer school. Well, you would think I wouldn't have to move anything then, but you are wrong. Since I wanted to live there for free they moved me from the dorms to the nice "capstone" apartments for two weeks, then moved me back to the dorm, and then back to the nice apartments. Then at the end of the summer, I moved once again all my stuff into the dorms. That is a lot of moving for one man in 3 months! Every other summer I have moved with my Mom's help and it has been ok because I usually am an ass and bolt on her and let her do most of it. This summer no Mommy to do the work, I have to move all my stuff little by little into Kiley's house (I benefit from her spoiledness I guess) and it is depressing. Not to be moving to where I am, that is exciting, but moving stuff is. Only because I know I will have to move it all again soon. Well, mostly because the stuff gets heavy and it is a pain to pack and unpack over and over. I would really feel for a military family that has kids. Moving schools over and over along with never really getting to feel comfortable with any home knowing you will have to move soon after. I unfortunately am choosing to play basketball for a living for a few years to come and that means I will have to move two times every year. Once to Europe (or whoever takes me) and then back to the States for a half the year there, half the year here situation. I can see this not being a lot of fun, hopefully I will be able to put together enough money to have a place in the U.S. full time so I will have a place to come home to, but that moving just isn't going to be all that.

Nick Kohsterized

No comments:

Post a Comment