Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Facebook (cont.)

Hey Everyone,

I am continuing a blog I started 2 days ago! Yes, I promised the continuation either, but isn't it just like TV, when you really want to know the rest of the story, I just torture you with the waiting! I do my best. Back to what I was saying about Facebook. I use it honestly for a couple people to be able to contact me, I used it to try to connect with basketball players that are already overseas as I used it for agents also. I use it to promote this site, and I'm sure there are a couple of other reasons I have used it in the past, but none I can think of currently. Ok, so I forgot a lot of the hate I wanted to express for that demon, but I do have a little basketball information. Funny as it is, someone wants me to be involved with them basketball wise more than I want to be with them. Yes, you can laugh all you want but this is a true story. A lot of agents talked to me, some I didn't know anything about, some I still don't know a thing about, some I know a lot of about (good or bad), and some I looked up and tried to seek their representation. Among all of this 99% of agents dropped the issue and left me alone the minute they figured out I was either not speaking to them anymore, they read this blog and saw I signed with someone, or just decided they don't like me as a person in general and just said forget him. There is that 1% (aka one man), that doesn't quite get hints. An agent (unnamed) talked to me some in the previous summer, and pretty much gave me a lecture telling me all of these things I needed to do to have a better shot at the pros and to improve my numbers. I did exactly zero of what he said, and did what I wanted and my numbers went up and everything I wanted in my basketball life happened. So, his opinion on what I "need" to do was already not meaning much to me. Next, he calls me this year after my last season and tells me that he is my former teammates agent and got him a good experience overseas and he thinks I should work with him. Ok, he didn't get my former teammate and friend either of his jobs and hasn't done anything for him, so he lied. If he doesn't have two strikes already, he tells me about this job he can get me right now if I am willing to leave school. I say ok, you work this out and we'll make a deal. I swear this man made a deal up in his head, because he didn't call for days and then made up a quick excuse when he finally did call me again. After all these mistakes, he then tells my current teammate who has goals similar to mine that he represents me and he should sign on too. HA HA! This guy really must think we don't talk if he is going to straight up just tell him that I signed with him when I didn't. Now that I have chosen an agent, he is still calling and emailing me, my coaches informed him I have gone in a different direction, but he doesn't sense the end and he isn't giving up. Some people never learn.

TerizedNickohsBaby

No comments:

Post a Comment