Friday, June 12, 2009

Home For The Weekend

Hey Everyone,

I'm writing from Cincinnati, and am here for my sister's graduation. My body is tired but, yet again my mind is running wild for the night! The drive to Cincinnati was terrible once again. Seriously, the ride used to be a quick 7.5 hours with nice weather. Now, it seems everytime I go either direction it rains most of the time, I find a lot of traffic, and it takes more like 9 hours. I think I will just crash at some point, but I have to make it through this weekend. I will have Grace pretty much the whole time so I need to conserve energy for that wild child. Anyways, I have been up trying to obtain a phone card for international calls for as cheap as I can and the website is being a pain in the ass and has to verify my information when I want to call now. I am in contacts with another German Pro A team, Proveo Merlin out of Crailsheim, Germany. They were in the Pro B last year, but won the conference with a 24-6 record and now enter the Pro A. Elliot thinks they will offer really good money based on the fact that they are moving up a league, will get a larger stadium, and don't want to finish last and move right back down to the Pro B. This means they need to get talent and the way to do that is with money, of course. So, the coach of the team really wants to speak with me, but we are having difficulties. He has called a lot and I have missed the calls so I am going to get a calling card so I can just call him for 30 minutes and get it over with. Oh, how terrible I am, I complain about paying $5.00 to call a man who will most likely offer me around $35,000-$40,000 to play basketball for him for 7 months. But, I still am going to complain and back it up by saying nobody has paid me yet! I need a job as soon as possible, but nobody wants to hire someone who they know will be leaving in the near future, and I can't bring myself to lie to another employer about how long I plan to work at their place of business. I have had to so many times because of basketball commitments. I say whatever I have to to get the job and then I have to let them down, or leave on unsatisfactory terms and it hurts my reputation in the US work force. Hopefully my Europe reputation will be better :)

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment