Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can't Sleep

Hey Everyone,

Well, I can't sleep and I know I am a bad host and have been neglecting every one of my readers so I am back at it tonight and I vow to shape up and take care of you from now on. May was a rough month for me and I'm hoping that June will be better. Basketball wise I haven't done anything of interest since returning to Memphis. I did blast a few nobodies in one on one, but outside of that no victories for Nick Kohs in the basketball world. I have had numerous other problems come up and I will get to those, and though I have solved my earlier sleeping problem I just feel like it is a new thing everyday. I am a little stressed about my future, my stomach hurts from the chicken parmesan I cooked for dinner (yes I cook don't even worry about it), and I am sore all over because I didn't drink enough water the last two days. This is leading to an anxiety that I am not accustomed to. When in college (or while living with parents), there is no fear of anything. You have a roof over your head, money when you need it, no bills, and no sense of responsibility to take care of yourself. Basketball is the same way. I already know who I am playing with the next season while in college (maybe not high school for me) and I am comfortable. Well, I'm not comfortable now. I have gotten a slew of weak offers so far, and though I have been told that many top leagues are still competing and teams don't look for their players until the end of this month, it still leaves me not feeling all that great if you can imagine. I have gotten many offers for under $2000/month. One 3rd league team in Germany offered me $1500/month plus an additional $1500/month if I would teach 18 hours of English at a local college. I am no teacher! Shit, that might be a good deal at this point though. I do have one good offer from a team that is moving from the German Pro A league to the BBL. This team did not finish first to gain access to the BBL they were forced in due to payoffs and probably the mob. Ok, I am getting a little climactic here. But, they were not very good in the Pro A. They have offered 2800 euros/month. Which is 2800 x 1.4 (for the exchange rate) and that is suddenly $3920/month, plus a bonus of 250 euros per win. Playing 6 games a month that could be around an extra $1000/month considering we win half our games. This may be a little too much confidence though considering this team didn't win a whole lot as a second league team they finished just 14-16 one season ago. I honestly need to get on a team that I know I will play to show that I can play and to increase my pay and respect every single year. I just said respect, I sound like the Godfather, earning respect like this is some GTA style video game. Ok, enough mob references, it must be late, or I might just be watching a lot of mob movies lately, I'll leave it to you to decide on that one. Anyways, I am hoping for some solid offers soon, considering I now have my high school coach on the case and Mike Broderick, a 15 year veteran of overseas ball. Broderick has already begun to get some early interest for me in Germany and France so hopefully that can be parlayed into some offers. Those are all first league teams he is speaking with as well. On top of all this mess I just want to say screw Sony and Playstation. I purchased a Playstation 3 with all my Dad's hard earned money (553.00) to be exact and it has already blown out after just a short 18 months. Ok, yeah it plays PS2 games right now and the Blu Ray drive is shot, but I could get a PS2 for 1/5 of the price of PS3 so that isn't doing me a whole lot of good. I call Sony, as does my Mom to explain this to them and they say well good luck finding $150.00 to fix it. By the way I only have like 18 games for the damn thing and also own about 60 PS2 games, and I play video games a lot less than most individuals that are male and under the age of 25. So why does my PS3 blow out and why do I have to pay to have it fixed? Because life can be unfair. I'm not going to lie me and Kiley even cooked up a story a fullproof story that is and she tried to return it to WalMart for me saying it was a gift and she didn't know the purchase date and so on. Of course, she gets the rudest customer service representative in the building's history and is turned down after she finds the real date of purchase. To top it off, I didn't even have the UPC code on it, I had cut it off to recieve 5 free Blu Ray discs back in the day of purchase. Whew, well it felt good to get a couple things off my chest, now I can hopefully sleep a little better, but I make no promises! Goodnight!

Nick KOOOOOOOOOOOOhsterized

No comments:

Post a Comment